In recent years, Ford has faced several class action lawsuits related to its 10-speed transmissions. The Ford 10 speed transmission lawsuit in particular sheds more light on the situation. This has to do with the continuous issues relating to the transmissions in various Ford models. Affected models mainly include the Fiesta, Focus, F-150, and Explorer. However, the Bronco, Mustang, and even the 2023 Lincoln Aviator are not left out.
While the company has issued a recall on these models, many are still not aware and are suffering in silence. Others are informed but don’t know how to join Ford class action lawsuit. This article will answer that and more.
Here, we will explain the Ford transmission lawsuit. We will also shed light on information about the recalls and settlements work. In doing so, we will answer one of the most-asked questions today – how do I join a class action lawsuit against Ford?
We will delve into the specific models affected as well as common transmission problems reported. Also, you’ll get to see the legal actions taken against Ford so far.
So whether you’re currently driving one of these models or just interested in automotive legal issues and controversies, you’re in the right place. Take a seat, lean back, and enjoy!
The Ford 10 Speed Transmission Lawsuit: Recalls and Settlements
The Ford 10 speed transmission lawsuit is just one of several class action lawsuits filed against Ford Motor Company. This particular lawsuit alleged that the Ford 10 speed transmissions exhibited defects. These defects were displayed by certain Ford models causing various transmission-related issues. Some of the complaints include:
- Delays in Transmission
- Erratic Shifting
- Worst-case scenario – Complete Transmission Failure
The degree of these issues varied among Ford owners. Some described it as a clunking sound. Some others reported theirs as a loud banging sound in between transmissions.
Before the class action lawsuit against Ford Motor Company, they ignored every complaint and claim against them. All efforts to get through to them were futile. In fact, Ford initially dismissed these claims. In doing this, they described everything drivers were experiencing as normal occurrences.
From the Ford lawsuit proceedings it was revealed that Ford was aware of the issues. It became a case of ignoring and dismissing claims. Further investigations alleged that the automobile company may have deliberately used cheaper materials in their designs. Their ‘new and improved’ transmission design had a tendency to overheat.
This frequent overheating damages the clutch, and sometimes extended to other parts of the powertrain. All through this, Ford never publicly acknowledged any of these defects.
Ford Lawsuit Settlement
When Ford succumbed to the pressure and lawsuits, they began with recalls and settlements. One of the most notable recalls was the 2016 Ford Fiesta transmission recall. These aimed to address transmission issues in certain model years. Also, around this same period, they took notice of the defective Ford Focus powershift transmission through a ford focus transmission lawsuit and took steps to fix it.
To resolve the legal disputes surrounding the transmission issues, Ford agreed to a transmission settlement. The Ford settlement comes in two layers for the affected models such as the Ford F150 lawsuit as well as the Ford Focus lawsuit:
- Compensation to affected Ford owners and lessees. This is for those who experienced transmission problems within a specified time frame.
- Reimbursement program for previous repair costs. They also get extended warranty coverage for potential future transmission issues.
Joining the Ford 10 Speed Transmission Lawsuit
Perhaps you are a victim of these Ford transmission problems. If you are yet to seek legal action, it is not too late. You can still join and receive the Ford transmission settlement. To hop in, all you need to do is reach out to an attorney who specializes in automotive litigation. They will get you started and guide you along the way.
However, the process may start slow. First, your attorney has to confirm a few things. This is to make sure your chances of winning your compensation from the Ford class action lawsuit are high. For example, in a Ford transmission lawsuit, here is a quick layout of the process you will go through:
- Verification of Eligibility: Not every car qualifies, so the first thing a lemon law attorney does is to verify if you are eligible for a Ford transmission class action lawsuit. For example, the vehicle must still be under warranty, and it must have spent a certain number of days with the dealership. There are a couple of more things to verify and your attorney will do that.
- Gathering Evidence: Once your attorney verifies that your Ford vehicle qualifies, the next step is to gather the required evidence. Evidence in this case refers to repair documents and transactions with the dealership. The purpose of this evidence is to boost what you get in your Ford lawsuit settlement. That is why you need to keep good records of every dealership visit.
- Document Formalities: The major final step would be signing the appropriate documents. These documents are those that give your attorney the go-ahead to file the Ford Focus class action lawsuit. Read it over first and double check to ensure you filled in every detail correctly. In short, don’t fill in any unnecessary information that Ford may use to jeopardize your case, or reduce your compensation. The Ford Focus buyback program 2023 is very strict in this regard. Your attorney will help with this.
You should note that the eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific class action lawsuit against Ford. For example, that of the Ford F150 class action lawsuit may differ from the eligibility criteria of the Ford Focus mass action lawsuit. This is why you should seek professional legal advice rather than diving in headfirst. With the right advice, you will understand your rights. Also you’ll be able to access your options beforehand to know which would give you the best compensation.
It is also worth mentioning that there are time limitations to joining the class action lawsuit against ford f150. As such, it is usually advisable to act as soon as possible if you believe you have a valid claim against Ford regarding issues like the 2017 Ford Fiesta transmission recall.
The Ford 10 speed transmission class action lawsuit highlights the transmission problems faced by certain Ford vehicle owners. From the Fiesta to the Focus and the F-150, these lawsuits shed light on the challenges and frustrations experienced by consumers.
The Ford 10 speed transmission recall, transmission class settlement, and legal actions taken against Ford aimed to address the concerns and compensate those affected. If you are dealing with transmission issues with your Ford vehicle, it is essential to stay informed about these developments and consult with legal experts to determine your best course of action.
Carlo V. DeFalco